Gain Comfort & Efficiency
Did you know that with a proper bike fit, you can ride with greater comfort, for longer, and even faster? BikeSource is proud to have multiple official Body Geometry FIT specialists. Body Geometry is the most complete system to help you become one with your bike. Whether you’re a weekend warrior, a seasoned racer, or a commuter, you will notice an immediate improvement in your comfort and performance.
Comfort is the single most important factor in enjoying your ride. Too often, cyclists associate pain with cycling. It’s okay to suffer to the top of the climb, but you should not suffer with knee, hand, shoulder, or back pain. Pain in your joints, back or contact points is a good sign that something is not quite right with your bike fit. By utilizing the Body Geometry FIT philosophy to analyze your position on the bike, not only can we work towards eliminating your pain, but we can make you faster and help you ride longer in the process.
The Body Geometry FIT Philosophy
For your optimal riding experience, you need to find your ideal riding position, which will help you climb faster, descend more confidently, and ride with less fatigue.
To understand how you ride, a Body Geometry Specialist will ask about your goals and measure your physical capabilities and strengths. We adjust the bike to your needs and your biomechanics, and we also recommend solutions to improve your comfort and performance.
About BG FIT at BikeSource
Developed with Dr. Andy Pruitt Ed.D., PA of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine and found only at authorized Specialized retailers, Body Geometry Fit Integration Technology is a comprehensive system to help you ride faster and longer with a lower chance of injury.
We use this technology to ensure a precise fit based on your measurements. We incorporate your background, measurements, and flexibility to determine specific vertical and horizontal coordinates. We provide a thorough, expert fit in a short amount of time.
Our Fit Options
At BikeSource Columbus, we offer fit packages to meet your needs. Contact us today to learn more and to schedule your fit appointment.
The Body Geometry FIT Process
- Ride Profile Interview - Every fit, whether it's for a novice or experienced cyclist starts with a brief interview with our trained technician that addresses your needs, goals and injury history.
- Physical Assessment - This is the key to the Body Geometry Fit process, allowing a Fit Specialist to develop an accurate picture of a rider’s flexibility and other physical attributes, so they’ll be able to make the proper adjustments to help you be one with your bike.
- Side View - Assessed from the side, the goal is to determine their unique active riding position that’s both powerful and comfortable through adjustments to seat height, handlebar position, stem length, and cleat placement.
- Front View - Unique to the Body Geometry Fit process, this frontal view analysis will optimize their hip, knee, and foot alignment for greater performance and balanced power delivery.
- Follow-up - After a week or so, the Fit Specialist will call to ensure the adjustments were effective and to answer any other questions or concerns they may have.
Schedule Your Fit Today
If you'd like to learn more about our fittings and/or have us fit you with our Specialized Body Geometry Fit System, please contact us to schedule an appointment. We look forward to fitting you soon!